Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 25, 2014- It is Really Him!



            Jesus surely heaped on the love today!  Wow!  I hit morning mass before my eight mile Tuesday run out on the Stony Creek loop.  I have been doing the same post-run ritual lately, because it makes me happy (and my husband says, “That’s all that matters dear.”):  I make myself a specially concocted good-for-me smoothie and take it up with me to the shower upstairs.
            We were finally able to afford (after about fourteen years of calling it a pipedream) to redo our upstairs bathroom and boy does it make me happy!  The tile, and granite countertop, and bowl sink, and then the piece de résistance- the beach-rock border in the shower.  Jim, and Gracie, and I actually drove the hour drive to Lake Huron and found the prettiest rocks for me to look at every day in my shower and smile.

            And that is what I did after completing another day in my training schedule and sort of “earning” that wonderful, hot shower- I smiled.  I let my heart go towards the happiest of places: being grateful.  Boy there is so much joy to be had when you let your mind go and think on all the amazing things in your life you have to be so grateful about!!
            But I was not satisfied with just walking around the house saying thank-you to God.  I wanted to be the leper, the only one of ten who came back to Jesus to say thank-you. (Luke 17:11-19)  So I got in the car (I usually just walk, but my legs were tired and it was cold outside- boo woo) and drove over to church. 
            I do a lot of crying when I am really happy.  I’m kind of a ding bat like that.  I weep and weep and shake my head at the awesomeness of Jesus, and how amazing it is- that it is REALLY HIM there!  Are you kidding me?  It is really Him!  In that tabernacle!!  Wow!!  And I live right next door practically!!  Wow! 
            My heart goes to all kinds of thoughts:  The word Eucharist means thanksgiving.  Isn’t that perfect?  If you really think on it, to be truly thankful to God shows the inkling of a humble heart.  True thanksgiving and humility go hand in hand.  And Jesus, in the Eucharist is the Sacrament of Humility.  How humble is our God, to not only become a lowly human being but then to become a piece of bread- no arms, no legs- at the whims of humans.  Completely vulnerable.  Like an infant in the bath.  If mother lets go the child would have no strength to support itself, and would drown instantly in the water. 
            Jesus in His fathomless humility has chosen to subject Himself to the onslaught.  Why?  For the off chance that some nothing like me might think on Him for a moment and come by to say hi.  He stays there.  Night and day.  This is GOD people!  Why would He do such a thing?  I will tell you the answer.  Because He loves us!  He doesn’t want us to be alone.  He is willing to go through all the abandonment and possible atrocities because He loves us.
            How clueless are we?  Here is heaven, right before us and we walk on by.  All the time.  But for right then, I asked Jesus, Who is outside the scope of time, to let me adore Him and let it be for an eternity.  I fly to the heart of Mary, so my adoration will filter through her pure heart and be pleasing to Him.  And just for a moment I push to the side all my damitable pride and through happy tears I give everything there is in me to give.  As I read in the Divine Mercy booklet written by St. Faustina:


Oh, who will comprehend Your love and Your unfathomable mercy toward us!  O Prisoner of Love, I lock up my poor heart in this tabernacle that it may adore You without cease night and day….  I adore You, Lord and Creator, hidden in the Blessed Sacrament.  I adore You for all the works of Your hands, that reveal to me so much wisdom, and goodness and mercy…. My Lord and Creator, Your goodness encourages me to converse with You.  Your mercy causes the chasm which separates the Creator from the creature to disappear.  To converse with You, O Lord, is the delight of my heart.  In You I find everything that my heart could desire.  Here Your light illumines my mind, enabling it to know You more and more deeply.  Here streams of graces flow down upon my heart.  Here my soul draws eternal life.      
The beautiful rock shores around Lake Porte.

No comments:

Post a Comment